Recover_MP4 is a powerful tool that can recover video and audio files corrupted as a result of unfinalized recording. It can recover MP4, MOV, M4V, M4A, QT, 3GP and MXF files that can't be played in media players due to damaged or empty headers.
Please note: support of the downloadable version of Recover_MP4 has been discontinued. But the latest version of the tool (Recover_MP4 V3.0) is now used by the online video recovery service – Restore.Meida.
If you need to recover MP4, MOV, M4V, M4A, QT, 3GP or MXF files, just register a free account at Restore.Media and follow the instructions:Try Restore.Media
Note: I discontinued support of the downloadable tool – Recover_MP4. However, the latest version of the tool (3.0) is used by the online service called "Restore.Media". Apart from other updates, this service gives you the following benefits:
1. Convenient and easy-to-use interface. No more need to deal with Command Prompt. Wizard-like web interface guides you through the recovery process.
2. Support for different platforms. MacOS, iOS and Android users can now use the tool to recover video files just as Windows users.
3. Added option for manual file recovery. If you're not satisfied with the results of automatic algorithms, you can ping Restore.Media's engineers to process your video or audio files manually. This is especially useful if you accidentally deleted your video from flash memory, such as an SD card, and struggle do get the data back. Restore.Media's engineers will help you recover such video files.
4. No more need to use any additional tools, like ffmpeg.
5. Added recovery algorithms optimized for dozens of new cameras, including: iPhone Filmic Pro, Samsung Gear 360, GoPro Session, GoPro 6, LAMAX X8.1 Sirius, AIM SmartyCam HD, PittaSoft BlackVue DVR, Canon Legria, Vixia and a lot more.
6. Improved GoPro 4, 5 and 6 support using the GoPro SOS meta data stream. Note: for a detailed guide on how to repair corrupted GoPro video files, I recommend reading this article.
7. Added support for MXF files and the Apple ProRes codec.
8. Added an option to filter out low resolution (preview) streams from the main video stream when recovering GoPro, Xiaomi YI and DJI video files after they have been accidentally deleted and then restored with "undelete" tools.
The latest version of the tool can recover MP4, MOV, M4V, M4A, QT, 3GP and MXF files.
Recover_MP4 can be used to recover video and audio files recorded virtually with any camera. For the most popular cameras/devices, the tool employs specific recovery algorithms that provide higher success rates. Some of such camera models include:Camcorders / DSLRs:
This may happen if you powered off your camera without stopping the recording. Or your camera's battery may have run low on power, while you were still shooting the video. Other common cases include shortage of space on the SD card, camera/drone crash, water damage, firmware glitch, etc.
Accidentally deleted video files can be recovered only if you haven't overwritten them with new data. That's why I advise locking your SD card as soon as you discovered that the files were deleted. For more details on how to recover deleted video files from memory cards, read this guide.
I discontinued support of the downloadable tool. But the latest version of Recover_MP4 (V3.0) is used by the online service – Restore.Media. If you need to recover MP4 files, as well as other types of video and audio files, I recommend you to register a free account at https://restore.media and then just follow the instructions.
The legacy version of Recover_MP4 (1.92) can still be downloaded from this article on how to fix corrupted MP4 files.